[Wine] Trying to get started

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 12 15:50:55 CDT 2009

Austin English wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM, James McKenzie
> <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Gulfvet91 wrote:
>>
>>> I wish I could show you a screen shot but the Quick Connect Whiteboard is supposedly proprietary so I could be fired or sued or both for showing it to you unless you are signed up with Brainfuse.  I was hoping that WINE would solve my problems here but it's just giving me new ones.
>>>

>> Huh?  How are you going to get help then?  Did you sign a Non-Disclosure
>> Agreement with them as a developer or user?  Otherwise, the screenshot
>> should fall under the Fair-Use clauses of the DCMA because you have to
>> disclose its use to get assistance.  It is not like you are trying to
>> clone the product for other uses.
>>

> A) Depends on the country.

True.
> B) DMCA is orthogonal to fair use. Fair use was established _way_ before DMCA.

Yes, for the U.S. only.  The E.U. has other policies.
> C) That of course only applies to the US.

Yep.

However, getting back to the OPs problem.  He states that he cannot post
a screen shot of the problem.  I say that he can and should in order to
get help.  The law may say that the screen shot is outside of fair use,
only if he signed a NDA for the program.  The OP has not came back and
said if this is true.  If he signed a NDA then there is nothing we can
do other than ask for terminal output and what happened in verbal
terms.  Without the program, we cannot provide additional
troubleshooting, either.

James McKenzie