[Wine] Re: Wine 1.01 wont start steam?

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 12 16:14:07 CDT 2009

mac666 wrote:
> i got it to run after some time, but cant really get it to do anything =) it crashes in start up now.
>
> The winehq mirror is down.... And i tried with 1.1.29 yesterday but it crashed all my other programs...

ALL other programs? Are there only a few or a lot of them? It's very unlikely that everything would just stop running, as the latest development version can run a lot more programs than that old "stable" one can... Maybe Wine got installed wrong, or your ~/.wine directory got messed up?

> Wine 1.1.29 doesnt display any colors in the menus making it hard to navigate and read error messeges... even thu yester day i got it to download a game and all most start  it ( no error messages but it would run )
>
> Any ideas why that happend?

What exactly do you mean by it doesn't display any colors in the menus? The default Wine menu settings for native components (dialogs, buttons etc) should make them perfectly visible...