[Wine] Half Life 2 Games via Steam - Basic Questions

mac666 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 13 03:10:17 CDT 2009

Hey
Ive followed the instructions in the AppDB on how to setup team fortress 2, and after i did the preformence in menus improved, how ever i cannot still join any games.

After loading completty finnished, just to send of into In-Game mode, it crashes. No error messages and steam freezes...

I have Nvidia Geforce 9800GT with driver 190.32 and Wine 1.1.28 (1.1.29 messes up my steam menus)
I allso did install D3X9 Via winetricks, didnt help much
Half-Life 2 runns smoothly. Any ideas?

Does anyone know why Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2 et c doesnt come into fullscreen all times? Sometimes it does, sometimes it just centered on the screen. And does anyone know of their HL2 et c supports 1680x1050 resolution? My doesnt...