[Wine] Depressed amd64 user...

Keermalec wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 13 15:57:48 CDT 2009

Hi, I recently built my new graphics workstation with the express idea of using Linux, Wine, and an AutoCAD clone called IntelliCAD.

http://intellicadms.com/

Running Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) on my old Intel system with Wine works just fine. IntelliCAD functions beautifully.

However, when I installed the above on my all-new AMD Phenom II X4 955 system, IntelliCAD simply does not launch. I use:

- Ubuntu 9.04 for amd64
- Wine for Ubuntu amd64

- and all the requested libs for the above:

lib32nss-mdns:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/amd64/lib32nss-mdns/download

libaudio:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/libaudio2/download

ia32-lib:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/amd64/ia32-libs/download

lib32ncurses5:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/amd64/lib32ncurses5/download

lib32z1:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/amd64/lib32z1/download

lib32stdc++6:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/amd64/lib32stdc++6/download

lib32gcc1:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/amd64/lib32gcc1/download

lib32asound2:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/amd64/lib32asound2/download

libc6-i386:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/amd64/libc6-i386/download

I can install IntelliCAD perfectly fine but when I launch it never appears and the system goes into a processing loop: I can see the cpu useage going up up and up in System Monitor until all four processors are at 100% and still no proggy.

To see whether the problem was with IntelliCAD itself I installed WinXP on the same machine and IntelliCAD runs perfectly.

So the issue is either with Ubuntu for amd64, or with Wine for amd64. Or is it one of the packages I had to install to make Wine work? Strange thing is no packages were required when I installed Wine i386 on Ubuntu i386 on my Intel machine.

I would greatly appreciate some help here as the only drafting programme I know really well is AutoCAD (or its clones) and if this won't work on my new machine I will have to (argl) go back to Windows...