[Wine] trying to run a visual basic script via WINE - need help.

Harlequin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 14 16:34:40 CDT 2009

Ok I need to run a .vbs for a program which I run in wine (diablo 2).

Google says

"VBS in Linux. It works fine running in WINE.
You just have to install the Windows Script Host.
And you may need to hand-register the COM
DLLs in the WSH installer at the command line.
Last I saw, WINE wasn't handling self-reg. DLLs."

I downloaded WSH 5.6 and ran that in WINE. When it was done I registered what I think is all of the COM DLLs, still not working.

I then realised there's a 5.7, downloaded it but it won't run in WINE because I "don't have the proper permissions" >_>.
When I try to run it in the terminal using sudo wine it says /home/chris/.wine isn't owned by me.

So still using 5.6 if that makes any difference.

This is how I'm trying to run it, and the consequences of trying to run it.

> chris at ubuntu:~/Desktop/D2PK3$ wine pbdatafix.vbs
> fixme:ntoskrnl:KeInitializeSpinLock 0x4577a4
> wine: could not load L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\D2PK3\\pbdatafix.vbs": Bad EXE format for

I've been getting those fixme things come up with every wine command in the terminal, it doesn't seem to be having any effect at the moment but it is something I would like to fix. Not high on the list of priorities though.

Thanks in advance to all those that read it all and will attempt to help :]