[Wine] Re: No text after x.org tweaks involving Intel 945 chipset,

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 14 17:55:42 CDT 2009

I happen to have the same chipset, and there are three repositories for it: Ubuntu's default, a repository that contains more recent (but still sort of stable) releases that are not in the default repository (until Karmic), and bleeding-edge, least stable repository. Since the problems started appearing after you started using the bleeding edge drivers, try switching to the more stable in-between repository instead - I have that, it's sort of stable, I have hardware acceleration, and Wine works fine with it.

Note that I have not checked your link, but I might know the topic behind it anyway and it'll list the two diferent repos.