[Wine] Help with half-life 2

DrunkDutch wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 14 19:04:00 CDT 2009

hi,
I'm new to ubuntu and wine and i can't seem to get HL2 to work in Wine.
when I go to load it it(HL2) crashes on the "preparing to launch' splash
here's the error code from terminal
devin at devin-laptop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/drunkdutch64/half-life 2$ wine hl2.exe
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
err:d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D9 is not available without opengl

I'm running the newest Wine and Ubuntu releases (1.1.29 and 9.04 respectively)