[Wine] Re: WINE Changed System Font...

Loafers wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 14 21:14:16 CDT 2009

dimesio wrote:

> Wine itself does not change your system fonts, nor does it install msttcorefonts.

I installed WINE, rebooted, and while system fonts was not changed, Firefox fonts changed... and preferences are the same as before.  And yes Wine doesn't install msttcorefonts so when I tried to purge, nothing happened b/c it wasn't installed.

dimesio wrote:
> If the Ubuntu packages are doing that, that's something added by the distro. If it bothers you, I'd suggest building Wine yourself in the future rather than using the Ubuntu packages.

Ok thanks for the suggestion.  I'll remember that in the future.  But for now, is there any hope :(?