[Wine] Re: Istalling problems on MAC OS X 10.6

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 15 09:49:45 CDT 2009

I still have a lot of 32 bit errors on packages I don't give a care about... but freetype I had to compile as 32 bit, and it works fine.

you can do it from Macports, just... when you open your terminal type in...

export CXXFLAGS="-arch i386 -m32"

then when you do a Macports install of freetype, it should do it with a 32bit compile.... its only good for that one session though, so you need to do the port install freetype right after it in the same terminal....

you could also download freetype source code and comile it yourself manually but Macports is easier, you just have to stop it from going 64 bit.