[Wine] Re: Running an app that require specific NT groups

TSeeker wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 16 01:37:09 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:
> All depends on how this program checks for things.

I have no clue about this yet. Given how pathetically written this program seems to be, I bet I'll have to hack quite a few things.

vitamin wrote:
> You might have to patch number of places... And what you want to do - fix it "right" or hack something enough for your program to run.

While I'd rather go for a simple, dirty hack, I think it's better in the long run to actually do things right. Especially because I might need to switch from group to group, depending on how I want to run the program (it uses three groups - say "Prog User", "Prog Admin" and "Prog Service" - that give access to different capabilities), so it'd be easier if I wrote some sort of interface.