[Wine] Re: Wine must implement user/group permission policy

CruBourgeois wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 17 11:11:33 CDT 2009

Gert van den Berg wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 04:44, Let the WineUsers group own the binaries / directories, give group
> execute / browse permission, remove everyone permissions?
>
> Of course, you need to ensure that the user cannot install packages
> and doesn't have access to a compiler...

Thank you for your answer. The user in question cannot install package and doesn't even know what a compiler is.

As for setting group permission, which binaries / directories are you talking about? I would appreciate a more detailed hint. I know Linux in general, I can do chmod. But I don't know what the policy or rules that Wine expect.

I would appreciate some clear indications like:

- Give RWX to WineUsers group on this folder and subfolders (and please indicate exactly the path of that folder). Or better yet, can you give me the exact chmod command to run?

- Should the WineUsers group own certain folders (and which one)?

Has this scenario already experimented by someone else? I can't believe I am the first one who has this idea.