[Wine] Serial Ports: busy?

driveoldford wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 17 12:43:42 CDT 2009

I have several software packages for Windoz that provide for a phone/fax answering machine. In the newer wine, I can install, but cannot get access to the Com port. I have created the ln -s in dosdevices, and even did a chmod 777 on dev/ttyS0. The user is a member of groups associated w/ modems, dialout, etc.
I always get "the port is being accessed by another program". I am stuck on two very different machines. Both run Open SuSe 11.0 Anyone solved this?
Thanks, FX