[Wine] Internet Explorer 6 disable Proxy Settings

kronbalt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 18 03:01:27 CDT 2009

Hi,

i have to use Internet Explorer 6 for a client, and i have to disable the proxy settings in IE6. On Windows there is an option, by editing the registry on the following location and adding following values.

Code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel\]

DWORD Proxy with value 1 (to enable the restriction)

Now my question does anyone know how to do this in with wine on linux? I know that there are plenty of other good browsers out there, and even I think it's the most idiotic thing to do, to run IE6 on Linux but anyway. They use a very old Web Application which can only be run in IE6, instead of updating the web app they decided to get us the work and to get IE6 working on wine. Anyway IE6 works thanks to WINE :) but now the proxy problem.

Thx for your help :)
[/code]