[Wine] Re: conquer online and direct3d

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 18 14:02:07 CDT 2009

sunshine1 wrote:
> what are you talking about only give me help
>
> maybe it didnt opened by wine-doors may it opened by winetricks only help

I have been reading this topic for a while and I have to say to you one thing: Please listen to the others.

Simply asking if there is a way to do a URL which points to dozens of different items is not a good way to ask a question. While I am against all radicalist 'neticket' apologists, I believe there must be a set of things that both the one being helped and the one helping must follow.

That applies to insistent, nonsense bumping followed by big bold letters. I also understand that you do not understand much of what you are doing, but, please, even with language barriers, try to ask concise, direct-yet-understandable questions, instead of simply mumbling "give me help".

Now, forgive me for that but I have been seeing too much of that recently around here -- to the topic:

You clearly have no idea whatsoever about what you have been doing (I've been there, so that's not your fault). Wine-doors is not supported in this forum because it is not directly made by the developers of wine (even though some smart-brain decided to name it wine-doors to confuse people).

Whenever something doesn't work you are 'required' by the forums to post console-output. If it is a small output you can paste it here. If it isn't, you can use pastebin or something similar and point 'us' to it. I would advise you to do that.

Secondly, I think you've pretty much fiddled too much with your wine and should try to start from scratch. Uninstall wine-doors and make a backup of your $HOME/.wine folder to keep your settings -- that way you'll probably be conserving the game's definitions that made it 'load'. After backing up that folder, delete it and start wine. From now on you can use winetricks to do whatever you think worked with it (I'm guessing you used winetricks d3dx9 which did...well...'something'.). After that you can try to install the game again. BUT, paste the output FIRST and do this later (if needed).

Also, a bit off-topic:

Using VirtualBox is a peace of cake if you have a valid windows-license-and-cd to install. But it has nothing to do with Wine. You see, VirtualBox emulates a whole computer (it 'pretends' to be a computer), while Wine does not pretend to be a computer -- if it pretends anything is to be Windows, but it doesn't emulate anything, so the two can live without eachother just fine. What VirtualBox does with WineD3D is use it to enable it to run faster with accelerated graphics, but that is still very experimental.

Do understand that wine-doors and PlayOnLinux are not supported here. If you think that Wine-doors helped your application work, go ask in their forums to see if they can help you. You can even point them to this thread to show them relevant information, but do not continue to ask quiestions until you have stopped using wine-doors.

Well, waiting for console output,

Jorl17