[Wine] Help! Linux/Wine Newbie~!

Silas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 18 23:31:21 CDT 2009

Good evening.

I've just recently moved to linux from Microsoft Windows.  Yay!
However I'm running into a problem trying to load wine into my system to allow me to play a game.

I believe that my system is an Ubuntu system and I am extremely frustrated trying to figure out just what I have to do to upgrade my Wine to allow me to play.

I have the 1.0.1 version of Wine currently.

I need help finding the proper application to run my game and how to update it, if i even have the correct version.