[Wine] New user: Need some information about next stable release

Lanzi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 19 08:06:59 CDT 2009

Hi everybody,
I want to present myself with a little question. And don't worry, it nothing like "linux is not working like windows" *g*
Normaly I google as long as I found something, but in this case, I cannot find a good answer.

The Story so far:
I use linux for ~5 years now and wine within Debian Sid(ux) for about 2 years (before with Knotix) now.
With Deian Sid, I have for quiete a while the Wine Stable Release 1.0.something.
I use it for Applications like Canon DPP (still with two displayerrors), Panarama Studio, Porta and mp3directcut.

unfortuantly I need a Version of HEssGiss (a chemical Database) running, which needs a MS Acess underneath.... Arggg..
I have a official MS Office 2000, which would be enough, but I cannot enter the Prodoct Key (official bug see http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=5124)

I tried the explained solution, but it doesn't work.
So I wait patiently for month for a new release...

So so question would be, if there are already planes for a new stable release...?
I remeber reading at the homepage in june, that it should be done really quick... but I cannot find this anylonger.

Thanks for your time and your wonderful software