[Wine] Steam games can not load filesystem.dll

CrashTestDummy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 20 13:20:07 CDT 2009

Got this problem lately: when I try to start a Steam game, like HL2, CS:Source, Portal - anything - it wouldn't start and I get this message: "Could not load filesystem.dll. Filesystem crashed during construction", or, alternatively, "Unable to load: C:\Program FIles\Steam\steamapps\#my_profile_name#\counter-strike source\bin\filesystem_steam.dll"

I've learned that this problem is known to native Windows and is usually fixed by deleting Steamclient.dll or simply reinstalling Steam altogether, but it didn't work for me.

Any ideas about how to make it right? I've tried searching WineHQ but come out with nothing.

System info: Wine 1.1.28, OpenSUSE 11.2 M7 32-bit.

Help would be highly appreciated!