[Wine] Making builds on OSX 10.6, not working on 10.5

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 20 13:57:50 CDT 2009

>nice to know, thanks...  I kind of follow what that means, I think... don't really need your sarcasm acting like everyone should know everything automatically about everything though.

I'm not trying to be sarcasitic towards you and don't take it that way.  Apple has stated that you can 'just build' for a lower version of MacOSX and we have found that you have to literally jump through hoops to get this to work.  All you should have to do is specify the MacOSX version in the XCode window and away you go.  But this does NOT work for large projects like Wine.  There was a lengthy discussion on how to build for MacOSX 10.4 on the OpenOffice.org project Mac OSX Porting mailing list and the results were mixed at best.  I suggest you go through the archives and see what happened.  I stopped using Panther a long time ago.  However, the lessons they learned should transfer to building for Snow Leopard builds for Leopard.

As a reminder, Apple should be able to provide assistance with this as well.

James McKenzie