[Wine] New member - I have Xubuntu 9.04 and want to run Tesio Power

Cissi Nyblom & Håkan Pontén ponyproductionshb at yahoo.se
Mon Sep 21 08:22:05 CDT 2009

Vitamin,

First of all, I am all new here but the little I've seen shows that you're an excellent resource for knowledge and indeed very helpful. I feel that I will get excellent help from you (and others) here. Thanks for looking into my problem!

As for the hard drive - you're really right about that! I've just checked with my computer store, I can get a (used) hard drive installed quite cheap. I wish that I could do that right away, but I have to wait some weeks (maybe a month or so). Maybe I should wait with installing Wine and trying Tesio until the hard drive problem is fixed?

In any case - the version that uses .net does not use mdb, so I'll have to rebuild my database (which I am willing to do). The "mdb-version" uses some Access-like thing but it is not that easy to get the support from the developer since it's so old and off the market since many years.

Thanks again for your input!

Best wishes,
Cissi

> My computer is quite special as it has a very tiny internal hard drive, only 10 GB.

Unless it's a "permanently" attached flash hard drive you should really go and buy something bigger. You will save yourself lots of problems in the long run.

With your program - first try it under Mono. If it's a pure .net app there are good chances it might work. If that doesn't work, install .net on Wine with winetricks, don't forget MDAC to access those mdb files.