[Wine] Please help - I messed with wineconfig!

macsen wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 22 06:50:05 CDT 2009

Hello!

I altered some of the display settings in Wine (font and screen resolution I think) in Wineconfig and the result is that all Wine windows are unusable.  The display is too big to fit the Wine window.  I have tried deleting Wine and reinstalling it from Synaptic, but it comes back just the same.  Is there some way of restoring Wine to its defaults from, say, Gedit?

I am running Ubuntu 9.04.

As they say, there is no fool like an old fool - I am the living proof!  Please can someone suggest a route forwards for me?  Thanks for any help offered.