[Wine] Re: Oblivion dinput8 issues

Sagorn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 22 13:52:08 CDT 2009

doh123:
 I think fbo is usually recommended, but I saw one or two suggestions for backbuffer.  I was using backbuffer because fbo caused a couple hundred errors along the lines of
Code:
err:d3d:getColorBits Unsupported format: WINED3DFMT_R32G32B32A32_FLOAT
err:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_IsPixelFormatCompatibleWithRenderFmt Unable to check compatibility for Format=WINED3DFMT_R32G32B32A32_FLOAT

Neither registry setting seemed to have any bearing on the mouse issue or the crash.
When running in a virtual desktop, the mouse kept escaping the window.

vitamin:
I attempted to compile and install Wine off of Git, but I must have messed up somewhere along the line, because I ended up with this when I attempted to run anything in wine:

Code:
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out
WineDbg starting on pid 0040
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": libSM.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
start_process () at /home/william/wine-git/dlls/kernel32/process.c:954
0x7b878d90 start_process+0x50 [/home/william/wine-git/dlls/kernel32/process.c:954] in kernel32: movl	%esi,0x0(%esp)
954	    return entry( peb );
Wine-dbg>

Any idea what I might have messed up during the compile/install?

Downgrading to 1.1.28 resulted in the same error message as 1.1.29, and the same behaviour using the native dinput8, as well as a nice crash on exit.

I don't have a joystick plugged in.