[Wine] Re: Install error Help!

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 23 21:58:20 CDT 2009

Flying High wrote:
> It seems whenever i try to run config on
>

> > configure: WARNING: libxml2 development files not found, XML won't be supported.
> >
> > configure: WARNING: libxslt development files not found, xslt won't be supported.
> >
> > configure: WARNING: libjpeg development files not found, JPEG won't be supported
>

> Any of these it makes the Gl error come up.
> Ill try without these to see if my game will still work. otherwise im going to have to do some more work.

its says that... it doesn't specify that the 32 bit ones weren't found?  are you using an older version of Wine again?

the system variables you set like the "export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/X11/include"" statements are only good for that one session.  If you close that terminal window, or work in a different terminal window, those no longer apply, so yes you have to do them all the time.

if your compiling any of the deps, like libjpeg, to have them installed for Wine to find, make sure you have compiled and installed them 32bit, because if you did it default, it made them 64 bit and Wine cannot use them.

I believe a...

 export CFLAGS="-arch i386 -m32"

... should work if you do that before compiling dependencies from source... or right before using Macports (or fink) to install them, so that you have the 32 bit libraries available for Wine.