[Wine] Re: Unity3D Interface doesn't work on wine!

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 24 23:13:22 CDT 2009

a qi wrote:
> To be honest, I don't know hardware and drivers very well,  I just feel that Linux is  Somewhat difficult to use.

Like anything else with lots of options.

Making a choice is one of the hardest things to do. You right. However giving you a choice is what the open source is all about. Not taking it away.

a qi wrote:
> Look, Some well known softwares don't have a Linux version, one must have to Learn new software to work on Linux, That will take a long time. So i try to use WINE, But some software like Unity doesn't work.

First of all this is an extra option for you (running your program under Wine on Linux). No one said it will be the best option.

Second, you have inferior video hardware with really bad drivers for it. While Intel makes more-less usable drivers for Windows they make no video drivers for Linux. All you have are community written drivers based on incomplete, confusing documentation. Written in very short period of time. It took nVidia years to get usable drivers for Linux.