[Wine] No sound in Unreal Engine games - wine-1.1.30

jsims2359 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 26 17:39:43 CDT 2009

Hey everybody,

Can anyone confirm that sound is missing from Unreal Engine based games?

So far I have no sound in Mass Effect and Unreal Tournament 3. The sound cuts out completely in Frontlines: Fuel of War. I know that UT3 and Frontlines are using OpenAL. I'm not so sure about Mass Effect.

You won't see the problem until you're ingame. The bink videos and intros of the various games appear to produce sound like normal.

Any Ideas? I know that work was done recently to improve OpenAL.

These sound issues were not present when using wine-1.1.29.