[Wine] Re: Installing Wine on ubuntu 9.04

NewtoLinux wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 26 21:01:39 CDT 2009

Ok, I did what you said and I googled a few bash tutorials and I got the idea of the cd command. I have the diablo II shortcut on my desktop. So I typed in
Code:
ls

. I saw the Desktop in my directory and type in cd Desktop. Took me a long time to figure out the cd command is case sensitive.

I then typed ls again. I Saw in my terminal:
 Diablo II.Desktop
 Diablo II - Lord of Destruction.lnk
 Diablo II - Lord of Destruction.Desktop

I then tried
Code:
wine "Diablo II"

and I tried wine "Diablo II.desktop", wine "Diablo II.Desktop", wine "Diablo II.Desktop.exe etc. None of them worked. The terminal printed either bad exe format or Module not found. What gives and what do these error msgs mean?