[Wine] Wine Temporary Files under OSX

Ken Thomases ken at codeweavers.com
Sun Sep 27 09:48:03 CDT 2009

On Sep 27, 2009, at 9:13 AM, Broly_Z wrote:

> I'll give you a fictional example...
>
> Imagine that im running "Game X" and that game supports under wine a
> resolution of "10 x 10" but not "20 x 20". One day i changed the
> resolution to "20 x 20" and it crashed, and everytime i try to start
> it to change back the resolution it crashes. So, i uninstall wine,
> delete .wine folder, etc etc, install everything again, install the
> game again, etc etc, try tu run it, but it's still crashing because
> its loading the "20 x 20" setting from some temp file located
> somewhere.
>
> Do you get it? That's the kind of error im getting, wine is keeping
> the settings of those apps somewhere, so it doesnt matter how many
> times i reinstall everything, it'll still keep loading it from that
> tmp's and crashing.

Some programs store data in the Windows "My Documents" directory.
Wine may have mapped this directory to ~/Documents, which is outside
of the .wine directory.  The same may apply for the Windows Desktop,
My Music, My Pictures, and My Videos directories.

Check there for configuration data created by Windows applications.

Regards,
Ken