[Wine] Should I upgrade my graphics card?

Oli Warner oli at thepcspy.com
Sun Sep 27 12:48:24 CDT 2009

I don't really know how to phrase the question but I'm curious to know how
much an upgrade of graphics card makes to game performance through Wine.

I'm currently running a 8800GTS on an i7 920. I've been considering getting
a new card for a while but I'm not sure if this is going to have as big an
effect as it would in, say, Windows.

Has anybody here upgraded just their graphics card and what sort of
improvements under Wine did you see as a result?