[Wine] Re: Pulseaudio

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 27 14:40:10 CDT 2009

Oli Warner wrote:
> And for the record, I'd be more than happy to use ALSA on top of PA (or directly if it didn't need me to pasuspend) but it doesn't "just work".

Used to, before PA came about. This clearly points that something isn't right about it. Get rid of PA (not disable, remove completely) and bingo - Wine's sound starts working again.

If you say "app X requires PA" - recompile it without PA, all those apps still support ALSA/OSS. Ubuntu been hard at work for number of years breaking Wine every other way they can find. Ask them to get their act together and stop this practice. At least testing their new releases with Wine and fixing _major_ issues will be nice of them.