[Wine] Installing Wine on ubuntu 9.04

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Sep 27 15:23:34 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 13:24 -0500, NewtoLinux wrote:

> So from my home directory I type ls. Saw that wine wasn't there.

To see files whose names start with a dot on the console, use the -a
option, as in

ls -a

This is almost as frequently used as "ls -l" (or its alias "ll") so its
a good one to know. To get the maximum information about all files use
"ls -la"

> yet for some reason the command fails. Is it because wine is in a
> hidden folder?

Hidden files behave exactly the same as visible ones except that they
are invisible by default. Are you sure you didn't mistype the name?

Martin