[Wine] How to read out the Wine RAM content

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Sep 28 10:06:10 CDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 09:19 -0500, bartek87 wrote:
> Hello, i need to write a c/c++ programm that read out the while RAM
> content witch is stored in wine, can anybody give me a hint how i can
> do it?
> I need to read out the informations of an running programm.

Programs run under WINE are run as normal Linux user space processes
that happen to use wineserver as their proxy for all Linux system
calls.

This means that you can list the Windows program and all the associated
support processes with the shell command "ps -fu username" and use
the /proc pseudo filing system to inspect any process that's currently
running.

ls, less, cat and similar utilities let you explore the /proc directory
tree and inspect the contents of files within it. Directories with
numeric names represent processes, so take a look at it. You may well be
able to get all the information you need by using it.

Martin