[Wine] Re: Unity 3D

jeffz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 28 19:57:01 CDT 2009

natolv wrote:
> Hello! I need wery big support with program called Unity 3D! It requeres Direc 3D9, Directx 9 or higher! As I know, wine is supporting all those things, but when I install Unity and when I`m lounching it, it just doesn`t opens and it didn`t drop any error message! I`m running my wine on linux mint!
>

> Thanks for help!

Unity 3D IDE does not work currently because of two outstanding bugs

1. attrib is implemented as a builtin cmd verb rather than a separate module, bug 18059
2. Parts of the Unity IDE are drawn using d3d9 which doesn't seem to work, bug 18061

The Unity3D web player has some sort of z-order issues in both firefox and opera, bug 15478 - if you alt-tab a few times, you can manage to get focus of the window that displays graphics and accepts keyboard input.

Standalone Unity produced executables should work fine - eg, Monster Trucks Nitro worked fine last I tested.