[Wine] Winsock2 Error

dean_z wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 28 23:08:21 CDT 2009

I am pretty new to the Linux community, so if I sound a little off, you will know why... lol

I am trying to load sygate personal firewall 5.0, which is related to my VPN system at work... the thought is that it would be much more beneficial for me to run Linux for work instead of windows.  Sygate is a required program for my corporate vpn system.

When I try to load the program, it tells me that I do not have winsock 2.0 or later installed.  I have gone through the configuration in Wine and cannot figure out what I am doing incorrectly.  Can someone help me to understand what I have done wrong or not done?

Thanks,
Dean