[Wine] SAP BusinessOne

banoguez wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 29 09:04:23 CDT 2009

Hello everyone, first of all let me introduce myself as i am a new user in the forums. I would like to thanks everyone in advance for the help and cooperation this comunity has given me over the years to install my games in Linux, all the guides, troubleshooting and tutorials have been very usefull.

Yet, this time i come with a bit different request.  Some months ago I graduated from university and joined the marvelous but sometimes cruel "real world".  I ended up working on a quite decent company which due to recent world economy issues has passed a bit of a bad financial crisis.

As the IT Guy they asked me a way to reduce costs without compromising the integrity of our systems.  So.... i pondered for a moment and then realized we were expending too many money on Windows&Office licences.

Immediatly i thought well, ill pass all the computers to Linux (Ubuntu or Fedora), a windows theme, install Oppen Office or Lotus Symphony and presto, we will save lots of dollars from that hungry and voracious Microsoft Monster.

Yet this marvelous idea crumbled in the instant i attempted to install SAP Business One, for more that i tried i was unable to make it work because of some .dll missing and then because it seems i need .net framework and a lite version of sql server 2005 as wel, if anyone in the comunity has found a way to install it and could share it would me i would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time on reading this post and i apologize for the grammar/spelling mistakes commited.