[Wine] Pulseaudio

Oli Warner oli at thepcspy.com
Tue Sep 29 11:24:44 CDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:40 AM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> At the current state this driver has absolutely no advantages only
> disadvantages over ALSA/OSS Wine drivers. It implements the simplest
> interface (WaveIn/WaveOut) and has 0 acceleration for DirectSound. So it
> still puts 90% of processing (mixing, re-sampling, etc) back on Wine. And
> until this picture changes the answer will remain the same - there is no
> place for such a driver in Wine.

No advantages? Apart from it working where other things fail... Bah. I'm not
going to argue that one out again.

I'm interested in what's been said about gstreamer but I'd assume that's a
much bigger job that's going to take a lot of time and bugs before it's as
stable as wine>>winealsa>>alsa>>hardware.

Is there a project/plan/etc page detailing gstreamer in wine?