[Wine] Kill all wine run apps, all wine processes

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Sep 29 12:41:05 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 17:31 +0100, Oli Warner wrote:
> Sometimes Wine locks up. win32 things explode and I want to nuke everything
> and start again. This usually involves me going through the process list,
> killing each process. I'll miss a few occasionally and, on a bad day, it can
> take me a minute before everything's where I want it to be.

Most Linuxes provide a killall command:

	killall wineserver

nukes all wineserver processes. Use it with care: it will kill all
processes with that name regardless of which user is running them unless
you use the -u option. It can also take a list of process names or a
regular expression that matches several processes. See "man killall" for
full details.

Martin