[Wine] Problem with Question Manager

Loïc Grenié loic.grenie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 09:54:42 CDT 2009

    I am trying to use a program called Question Manager from
  Question Mark. To be precise: it's version 3.4.0.2 which is
  rather old. The program manages databases of questions
  (Jet engine v4). When I try to open an existing database or
  create a new one it fails writing basically: "impossible".

    I'm using wine 1.1.30 on a Linux host (64 bits)

    I've tried to strace the program itself and wineserver.
  Whenever I try to create a new database, I can see that
  wineserver creates the file (and a temporary file), that
  Question Manager stats the file (which means it has
  been created and Question Manger sees it) but then
  fails writing:

Error

The database could not be created.

Check the path exists. Also check that the filename does not
include any of the following invalid characters: * ? " < > | :

    Any idea ?

      Thanks,

            Loïc