[Wine] Wine + ssh putty

jigglywiggly wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 30 19:22:46 CDT 2009

Ok so the network I am on blocks all traffic except on port 8080, 80, 25, 443. So I connect to my ssh server on port 8080, then I tunnel my traffic through putty by going to the tunnels options and create a dynamics socks proxy of 7070. Then I go to the proxy manager and put a manual proxy and set it to manual, and socks 127.0.0.1 on port 7070. It works, chrome connects my wanip is my house's. However I try to play Jedi Outcast(in wine), and it can't see any servers... and I can't connect by ip either making me think it's not using the gnome proxy settings.

Anyone got any idea?