[Wine] Aion: Anyone having reasonable frame-rates? What specs?

Xanas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 30 21:54:47 CDT 2009

I have a core2quad 6600 w/ Geforce gtx 260 and am only getting about 10-20 fps in ligher areas, with heavy areas having a lot of jumpiness on top of that.

I'm curious if anyone who is running the game (since there are some silver ratings, and even a gold) is getting decent framerates and if so I'd like to see if I can narrow down what about our configuration or specs is different enough to explain the situation.

I'm hoping to get anyone who rated the game a silver/gold at least.  If you are playing this game in windows and haven't tried it yet please take a little time to follow the guide.  I feel like we have a much better chance of keeping gameguard out of this for good if we can show some real results and players out there actually using the game in linux.  I know that when I played wow heavily I didn't touch windows at all.  It'd be nice if I could do the same with Aion.