[Wine] winetricks Directx9: Unsupported style(s) 0x144

immunmotbluescreen wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 4 05:43:47 CDT 2010

I'm trying to install Tropico 3 and AppDB suggests that I install directx9. So I type:

Code:
winetricks directx9

and after a short while it comes to this:

Executing wine c:\winetrickstmp/DXSETUP.exe
err:setupapi:do_file_copyW Unsupported style(s) 0x144
err:setupapi:do_file_copyW Unsupported style(s) 0x144

Then this is repeated like 40 times. I suspect that directx9 isn't installed here because the game barely runs on low settings.

How do I get directx installed correctly?