[Wine] Problems with wine on fedora

ShadowFeonix wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 4 12:51:05 CDT 2010

i just installed fedora 12 and used yum to install wine after installing i tried to open programs on my windows partition with wine and it constantly gives me an error start.exe has encountered a serious error and needs to close.

I have version 1.1.38 installed and i see the latest 1.1.42 fixes said problem thing is i do not know how to compile for the tar.bz2 file still extremely new to all of this.

Any help or pointers to get me going in the right direction would be amazing