[Wine] Wine CD-ROM on Mac OS X

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 4 15:05:43 CDT 2010

jdratlif wrote:
> What about read-only access? Does it only work if they access it like a hard drive, not like a cd-rom?
>
> ImgBurn for example doesn't seem to acknowledge that I have a DVD in the drive. Yet I can browse to it in "Browse Folder".

You can 'browse' to it because the system 'sees' the entire device and
will read/write to it from the folder.
> It doesn't seem any "native-like" cd access is possible. Is this correct?

Correct.  Wine does not support, yet, raw device access which is what
ImgBurn needs.  BTW, is there some reason that you cannot use the Disk
Utilities to create your disks?  One nice feature is that your burnt
disks will be readable by both Windows and UNIX systems (to include
Linux systems.)

James McKenzie