[Wine] WoW + Wine + NTFS Partition.

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Apr 6 17:53:13 CDT 2010

On 2010-04-04 (April, Sunday) 00:21:43 NiGhtMarEs0nWax wrote:
> So i've installed wow under my windows NTFS partition, under Ubuntu Karmic
>  it is mounted with full permissions. i've tried to run the game through
>  wine but it just does not want to run.

	There is no point to trying to solve problem(s) for a broken setup. First,
install recent Wine version - 1.1.42 or at least 1.1.41. Then install the game
properly, don't try to run it from Windows partition:

mv ~/.wine ~/.wine.old
wineboot
wine start /unix "/path/to/setup.exe"

	Replace "/path/to/setup.exe" with actual name and path to your setup file.
Please note that "wine start /unix" is recommended way to run Windows
executables (without "start /unix" you will need to navigate to the directory
with the executable you want to run).

	This will install the game correctly. Then try to run it. If you still have
the problem - post here terminal output.

	Thank you for using Wine.