[Wine] Using Wine on Ubuntu to install Windows XP

techman41973 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 7 19:11:16 CDT 2010

A friend gave me an old Fujitsu tablet that has Ubuntu/Linux installed.
I want to wipe the system clean and install Windows XP.
I have a Windows XP CD but the tablet PC doesn't have a CDROM drive.
I transfered the files from the Windows XP CD to a USB key. The problem is you can't run the Windows XP setup in the Ubuntu environment and the Bios of the Tablet PC will does not support booting from a USB device.
Can I launch the Windows XP installation setup successfully by running the setup utility from Wine?