[Wine] Re: Unable to install Office 2007 on Redhat 5.4

chadv99 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 8 14:34:22 CDT 2010

Thanks for the responses! I appreciate it. I am a Linux admin but don't have much experience with Wine.

John - I not sure what a "clean prefix" means. Maybe I can try that if you tell me what it means. I did start with a completely new install of Redhat 5, installed wine from source and had no old .wine directories in my user home.

dimesio-
I've installed on the libgnutls I could find and it did not help:
# rpm -qa|grep gnutls
gnutls-utils-1.4.1-3.el5_2.1
gnutls-devel-1.4.1-3.el5_2.1
gnutls-1.4.1-3.el5_2.1

I had already tried copying the install cd to the local hard drive and that had not worked either.

Any other ideas? I appreciate any help you can provide. Still getting the following output after installing the gnutls rpms.

"setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run Setup again from the original source disk or download location"

$ wine ./setup.exe
err:secur32:SECUR32_initSchannelSP libgnutls not found, SSL connections will fail
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW HH case HH_INITIALIZE not handled.
fixme:richedit:REExtendedRegisterClass semi stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETEDITSTYLE: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETBIDIOPTIONS: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETEDITSTYLE: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETBIDIOPTIONS: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETEDITSTYLE: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETBIDIOPTIONS: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETEDITSTYLE: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETBIDIOPTIONS: stub
fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x32d958) using GetSystemInfo()
fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW HH case HH_UNINITIALIZE not handled.
fixme:netapi32:NetGetJoinInformation Stub (null) 0x32f09c 0x32f090