[Wine] Re: How can I debug winetest under Windows XP

jeffz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 8 17:25:15 CDT 2010

lahmbi5678 wrote:
> I'm especially interested in the ntdll:file test, which usually crashes on my intel945 machine. Unfortunately, when a winetest test crashes, you don't get any information where it crashed, something like a line number would probably be helpful. I tried to get some information with Process Explorer (Procmon) from www.sysinternals.com, but with procmon running, it didn't crash anymore, so there maybe some kind of race condition.
>
> Is there a simple way to get the builtin TRACEs to output, or do I have to compile the ntdll:file test with MingW? I've got some programming eperience, but I have very little knowledge, when it comes to Windows API or internals like services/drivers.

The builtin TRACEs are not printed because you are not running on Wine.

To debug the crash on windows, you would need to setup a system debugger so that it is launched automatically I think.  Also, I think I've noticed that the ntdll file test only crashes when run as part of winetest, standalone it does not crash.

There seems to be some strange behavior from running all the tests together, some circumstances only appear to occur as a side effect of other tests.