[Wine] Re: GameGuard

hellork wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 8 17:34:18 CDT 2010

Just about anybody with a disassembler can bypass such measures by looking at export tables, function calls and using trivial ofsets, i.e. change 4 bytes. I don't even know why companies use these "protection measures" when they are so trivial to bypass. They only serve to irritate normal users and do nothing against the hackers they are targeted towards.

Please don't download hacked binaries as many of them will contain malware.

I'd have to agree with vitamin. Why support programs that are restrictive to users?