[Wine] Re: Let Wine program pop up URL links in default browser, NOT IE

cnbiz850 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 11 20:19:36 CDT 2010

I found that under 'FileOpenAssociations' key the html is directed to winebrowser.  And when I actually issue a command like:

Code:
wine winebrowser http://www.google.com

I see that it pops up in Firefox, which is what I wanted.

I also see a 'MSHTML' key which directs to gecko.  I guess the program must try to open a mshtml page instead, which then now opens in a gecko IE window.  My question is why back in the prior version of Wine it was not like this?  Or can I simply change the 'MSHTML' key to direct it to winebrowser?  I don't dare to change before someone's confirmation.