[Wine] Wine and Eve Online Help

Shoie13 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 12 00:04:38 CDT 2010

Using Ubuntu 9.10 with Wine 1.1.42. I've tried Cedega, PlayonLinux, and wine-doors as well as standard wine, all with varied but similar results.

With wine and wine-doors and some tweaking (crosspost (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1452122)), I was able to get up to character selection and about to enter the game before it finally locks up the entire system.

With Cedega, it won't get past the splash screen.

PlayOnLinux locks up randomly and it won't display the license agreement regardless of the correct fonts.

I honestly think it's a problem with my GPU (ATI Radeon 4870HD 512mb) or a driver or opengl or something as Eve+Wine is supposed to be flawless but it's blowing up majorly for me and I can't seem to find a fix at any corner. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)