[Wine] a question about dll override?

Forth great Swim ydwchina at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:53:59 CDT 2010

I read the wine user guide. It says "After you've located a native DLL on a Windows system, you'll need to put it in suitable place for Wine to find it and then configure it to be used. Generally the place you need to put it is in the directory you've configured to be c:\windows\system32"I think I am confused, since c:\windows\system32 contains builtin dlls of wine, if I place the windows native dlls to this folder, they will just overwrite the existed builtin dlls. So after that how can I choose "Native then Builtin"? Anyone can help me with this question?