[Wine] Re: can any one help me get ddo to run on ubuntu

purdurabo33 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 14 11:30:41 CDT 2010

this seemed to work. the bz2 file was in my downloads folder, so i used

cd Downloads

then i used

tar xvjf PyLotRO-[version].tar.bz2

it exestracted the package alright! files flow every where!!! lol so then i used

sudo ./setup.py install

and this is what i got

running install
running build
running build_py
running build_scripts
running install_lib
running install_scripts
changing mode of /usr/local/bin/pylotro to 755
running install_data
running install_egg_info
Removing /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PyLotROLauncher-0.1.11.egg-info
Writing /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PyLotROLauncher-0.1.11.egg-info
writing list of installed files to 'pylotro-install.log'

now the icon is on my desk top just the way it should be, right? so i finished going through the how-to. i got to the end where is said i had to up-date the game
Run Tools->Update (IMPORTANT - the game will fail if you don't run the update first), then select your server and log in using your account username and password."
the problem is that there is no Tool->update option. so if any one knows what i did wrong and/or how to fix it please tell me!!!!